The Power Of Will Power



                                                    Image result for will power pictures

         I still remember my Grandma ,who for nearly 14 years was affected by paralysis on her left side.Not once in these fourteen years did I see a sense of hopelessness in her eyes.My Grandpa was her true companion during her days of illness .He helped her in everyday chores like helping her in toilet and bathing,giving her medicine ,food etc.She was an ardent reader .Every morning she waited eagerly for the newspaper and made it a point to read every single article.After bathing she used to read "Ramayana" the Holy book of Hindus.
        I always admired her and attribute my reading habit to her.When I saw her reading  patiently I wondered what was so        interesting in the books and papers that she read religiously.Gradually I too inculcated a love for reading.
     Grandma died in the year 1992.I was in ix standard at that time.After her death I came to know about her love for studies  when my father narrated an anecdote. 
       She got married when she was hardly 16 years old.Her first child was born when she was 17 and 7 others followed with a gap of one to one and a half years.In those days people did not know much about family planning.In all these years she wanted to pursue her studies further but due to limited finances she could not do so.
Later she told about her desire to study to her own father who was quite well off. He agreed to help.She completed her bachelor's and masters degree in law and finally became a lawyer.
      But her journey was not an easy one. Often, she  had to study at night when everyone else in the house had gone to sleep after doing her household work.In those days electricity went off for quite a few hours and there were no generators or inverters so she studied under a lamp.Once during her exam she forgot to cook dinner and my grandpa became so furious that he was about to burn all her books.However all these difficulties made her a strong person and at last she was able to realise her dream.
        Well, by hearing her story I was able to learn one thing for sure.If a person's will power is strong nothing in the world can deter him from realising his dreams.My grandma's life has given me many lessons and made me a strong person that I am today.
Discover latest Indian Blogs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elder versus Younger

DO WE REALLY NEED WOMEN'S DAY TO DEFINE WOMANHOOD?